Business Insurance for Food Services

When it comes to insurance for your food business, you want your coverage to be sliced to fit your needs. With a PolicySweet® Business Owners Policy, we’ll make sure your coverage is as unique as your menu. From General Liability to Workers’ Compensation, each insurance policy can be selected a la carte to match your requirements.

How to Start a Quote

Complete the process below to get a quote for your food services business:

Step One

Tell us about your business by answering a couple of questions.

step Two

We’ll show you a no-obligation quote tailored to your business.

Step 3

Accept the policy and insure your business!


Quoting with is best viewed
in Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.

What Are the Different Types of Food Services Insurance?

There are several types of insurance available for food service businesses. Each policy has different benefits that are specifically designed to help mitigate certain risks of a business. Here are a few types of coverages we recommend for your food business:


If you’re looking to protect your business against multiple risks, a Business Owners Policy (BOP) is a great place to start. A BOP combines key coverages into one convenient policy. A BOP includes the following coverages: general liability, business property, and cyber insurance.

General Liability

This coverage could help protect your business from lawsuits resulting from third-party injures and property damage. Not only could it cover legal expenses, but it could also cover medical bills. Without coverage your business may have to pay for these costs on its own. General liability insurance could even protect your business against claims associated with libel and slander, advertising injuries, and copyright infringement.

Learn more about
general liability

Business Property

Property insurance can provide protection of business equipment and inventory against a variety of incidents including fire, theft, and vandalism. Commercial property insurance also covers loss of income if a suspension of operation is caused by a loss or damaged property.

Learn more about
business property


Cyber insurance could protect your business in the event of a data breach, virus, or cyberattack. Client notification costs, legal fees, and other related expenses may be covered if sensitive company or client information is lost or stolen.

Learn more about
cyber insurance

Workers’ Comp

If an accident happens at your business and causes injures or an illness to an employee, medical bills could be covered by Workers’ Compensation insurance. It could cover missed wages and legal expenses related to an employee injury lawsuit. Some states may require your business to obtain Workers’ Compensation if you have more than one employee. It is recommended to review state laws to determine if Workers’ Comp is required for your business.


If you operate a business out of your home or from a kiosk or cart like a coffee cart, HomeHQSM could help to protect your business. It is designed specifically with home-based businesses in mind by combining common coverages into one policy. HomeHQ includes general liability, business property, and stock insurance.

Food Industry FAQs

Food Service Business Articles