PolicySweet® can help you find coverage for your budget and needs. Our team of insurance professionals will work with you to help ensure that your Workers’ Compensation policy is equipped for your industry and business location.
If you want to help protect your employees in Arizona from workplace dangers, contact us today to learn more! You can also get a free quote by completing our online quote request form.
Understanding Workers’ Compensation Laws in Arizona
The Industrial Commission of Arizona, or ICA, is the government body responsible for regulating Workers’ Compensation regulations and compliance in the state.
According to Arizona state law, you should purchase Workers’ Compensation if you regularly employ one or more employees. However, this may not apply to domestic workers employed to work in a home or independent contractors. Additionally, you may not be required to provide coverage to officers, directors, or shareholders.
The Consequences of Not Purchasing Workers’ Compensation in Arizona
You could face serious legal consequences should you fail to provide comprehensive coverage to your employees. Here are some of the potential ramifications you may face:
- An initial penalty fine of $1,000;
- Subsequent penalty fines of $5,000 to 10,000 if you continuously delay getting Workers’ Compensation; and
- A possibility of business closure.
An injured employee can file a claim with the ICA, and they can grant the employee access to a Special Fund if you do not have insurance.
If granted, the ICA can penalize you by obtaining the amount from your business with an additional 10% penalty for lacking employee coverage.
PolicySweet Can Help Protect Your Small Business with Workers’ Compensation
Finding an insurance provider for your Workers’ Compensation is not easy for a small business owner. Some business insurance providers charge expensive premiums that can put a strain on your budget.
At PolicySweet, we strive to make obtaining business insurance easier and more accessible for companies. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Simple and Straightforward Process: At PolicySweet, we remove the fluff in the application process and leverage technology to help complete the process for you. Just fill out our online quote form, and we’ll give you an estimate for a tailored coverage plan in minutes.
- Made for Small Business Owners: PolicySweet is dedicated to providing small businesses with competitive and reasonably priced insurance plans. We can help you find coverage that fits your needs and budget.
- Accommodate Small Businesses From Various Sectors: Different industries require different amounts of coverage. That’s why PolicySweet offers a range of plans tailored to meet the demands of various industries and business sizes.
Get Your Free Quote Today
It doesn’t have to cost much to help protect your employees and business. With our comprehensive Workers’ Compensation policy, you can rest easy knowing that your team can be taken care of and protected from potential workplace accidents or injuries.
Contact us now or complete our online request form to get your free and instant quote today with PolicySweet.
Please Note: State-specific information is subject to change at any time. Always consult with your state’s official information and resources for the most accurate information.